Outfit of the Week #5

My skirt I ordered from the Motel 50% off Secret Sale (see post here) arrived today! Thought it was high time I did another outfit post, and since the sun decided to pop out for an hour or so it was the perfect opportunity! As excited I am about my skirt I'm also dreading my exam on Wednesday, which I feel is to blame for my troubled/angry facial expressions. Sorry about that. Still, focus on the outfit, not ma face!




Skirt, Motel; crop top, DIY; necklaces, Topshop sale; shoes, Office
Although I'm really glad I bought this skirt, it was a bit tricky to style without looking like I was on my way to the office, or the opposite which seemed to be some kind of sexy secretary slut. Not a good look. So as you can imagine I was pretty chuffed to rediscover this DIY gem in the back of my wardrobe! I made about fifty of these crop tops a few years ago to help raise money for my sister's trip to Ghana with the Sabre Trust - each one was handmade by moi out of authentic Ghanaian material, hence the cool patterns and colour combinations. We kept two of the crop tops for my sister and myself, but I confess I've never worn mine much; now I've found it again I'm sure I will do in the future. It'll be nice to tell people I actually made part of my outfit myself!

The shoes and necklaces I've had for ages - they're pretty much my go-to accessories for nights out, and the chunky heel on these suede Office shoes makes them so comfy. I actually bought them for myself last year as a reward for passing my driving theory test - spent about £80 on them but I'm glad I did as they've served me well! I think it's important to own a sturdy pair of black heels as they go with everything and are super versatile. Do you have a go-to item you couldn't live without?

More outfit posts to come soon!
xx