Dance

Poetry has been defined to be the language of God, such is its beauty. I have always found it to be fascinating, considering how it allows you to unleash your emotions and thoughts so powerfully yet gracefully. I have previously been a bit hesitant in sharing my poems, considering their personal nature and intensity. However, now it is about high time that I started sharing a few on my blog. I love to dance, and the poem below was written by me a few years back, with the intention to highlight my love for music and dance, which are both the languages of the soul.





Somewhere down the line, I forgot it all,
Somewhere down the line, I took the fall.
Somewhere down the line, I forgot to live,
Somewhere down the line, I stopped to get but increased to give.

And then I started to dance,
Lost in the hypnotic beat, caught in a trance.
Things I could not understand, mysteries I could not explain,
I danced to forget, to ease the pain.

My soul moved, my body swayed,
Pain cut through my heart like a sharp blade.
I closed my eyes and lived the song,
I could have danced all life long.

The music consoled, it tried to heal,
All the incredible pain I could feel.
I whirled around with the beat,
Lost, my body moved with my feet.
                  
The music was kind, it soothed my soul,
It tried its best to play a healing role.
Holding out, it took my hand,
It made me soar, high above land.

I danced with the moon, I danced with the stars,
Which swirled around my head like a garland of flowers.
Slowly I began to smile,
The beat took over for a while.

No strength left, I succumbed to fate,
As the music lead me through heaven’s gate.
I talked to the angels, I asked them why,
They didn’t help when they saw me cry.

The angels smiled kindly yet I couldn’t hear their reply,
The music had taken me again off to fly.
We swim through the ocean of dreams,
So deep I could almost escape the painful screams.

Twist and turn, move and twist,
Lost, forgotten in the hazy mist.
I danced to forget, I danced to live,
To the universe myself to give.

The universe kindly let me in,
My lips curled slightly in a small grin.
The music, the dance, I adored.
Despite the pain still there, still uncured.

The music lured me, I continued to fall,
I gave my heart, my soul, I gave it my all.
It was my escape, this hypnotic trance,
Uninhibited, I confess I love to dance.