Simple white taper and pillar candles are... not simple.
Wrapped in plain brown craft paper, and draped in seam binding, jewels, lace, and flash card punches; simpleness meet elegance.
You had me at brown craft paper. Oh the things you can do with brown craft paper, but I'll let you in on that another day!
These candles would be wonderful as wedding favors, or attach a flash card punch of a birthday girl's age and give it to her!
- when using craft paper, fold the raw edges to the underside
- purchase brown paper at any office store (shipping department)
- glueing paper directly to the candle is tricky, so overlap paper and glue paper to paper
- when attaching something heavy use a pearl head pin
- to crinkle seam binding, put it in the palm of your hand and squish
- use glue that dries clear when attaching lace (Elmers glue stick works)
- as you can see in the picture, don't throw away jewels with missing rhinestones....they work!
on a personal note...I do not have any items for sale as I have been spending a lot of time with my family. Next year I will be an empty nester and I have been breathing in every moment of my sweet girl. I know I haven't been posting very often and I have halted my sponsors as it's not fair to them, but from now on, I plan to update once a week, so please visit often.
Blessings and many thanks to all of you who stop by,