Drapes and Spray Paint!

I knew what type of fabric I wanted to frame the window in the sitting room. I looked for drapes to purchase ready made off the shelf, or to order online/catalog. I wanted something with a little texture, and just the right color.

I couldn't find what I wanted, so it became necessary to special order the fabric. Really, I have a lot of patience, but when it comes to decorating, I don't. I WANT IT DONE NOW! A few weeks after ordering the fabric arrived and I was thrilled!


It was an easy peasey sewing project with straight seams all the way. I double folded the side and bottom seams to hide all the raw edges.
I let the hem puddle on the floor, (which is great because precise measuring is not needed).
Even though some may think this room is a little fussy looking, it is calm and relaxing to me. My pink girl and I hang out in here snuggled on the couch, with book in hand.
I bought rods that were stark white. The white was a little too drastic for this room, so out came the can of spray paint.

Heirloom White by American Accents is a great color. The paint doesn't dry as fast as I like, so I had to be patient. When using spray paint, spray thin coats of paint and repeat the layers.

While I had the spray paint out, I changed the color of the four rose pots. For those of you who are actually reading, you can see my next project through the window-the sunroom. It's not quite finished yet. Soon. I. Hope.
I LOVE this paint color. Look at how the color blends with with the white roses, but doesn't match exactly, (which I like).

 Come back on Saturday and I'll show you the new drapes in the kitchen dining room, (black and taupe with damask trim).
My pictures are actually enlarging, so CLICK away!
Blessings to all of you!
Ele