Irish in My Heart

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Embellish a candle with a strip of green ribbon.

Craft Tip: Tack a ribbon to a candle by using upholstery tacks, or a short pin. Gently tap the tack through the ribbon, into the candle with a hammer. This same idea can be done with a strip of paper or fabric. Make sure you keep the decor far from the flame!

I have Irish in my heart and in my genes. In memory of my father, my favorite Irishman, I celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Many years have passed, but hardly a day goes by that I don't think of my dear father. On St. Patrick's Day, he dressed in his green suit and green sequined bow tie. He gave me flowers, and brought joy to everyones' day.

With green on my mind, I thought I would share some green rooms.

A non matchy color scheme works when you stay on the same side of the color wheel and pair it with neutrals.

Soft green and yellow will provide a soothing palate. A dramatic pop of red fabric on the stool behind the couch, brings interest to this room.

Paint the inside of a cupboard a different color. Fresh green looks inviting with vintage white stoneware.
Cool colors of green in mint and aqua with a splash of silver (fridge and cupboard knobs), and paired with robin's egg blue, are a relaxing sight. This is cottage style at it's finest.

Traditional decor in green always works.

Mix greens for a fun, happy look.
Pictures are from http://www.bhg.com/

Have a Blessed, Green Day.
Ele