Arts and Crafts Show

I've been away too long, but have been busy preparing for, and hosting a sales event.
My boutique (A Bit of Heaven), located in an antique church building, is open only a few weekends a year, and last weekend was one of them!


I like to divide my shop into different color palettes; browns/blacks/beige. sherbet colors, and brights, and during Christmas red/green for the traditional soul.

Personally, I Loooove these soaps, and quite honestly will rip off all the prettiness just to enjoy the use of these "oh so wonderfully smelling Almond, or Mandarin soothing shea butter soaps".



Paper covered letter (below) directions:
1) Purchase pre-primed flat letters from a hobby store, and scrap booking paper, (one per letter). You can also paint your own letters.
2) Turn letter over and trace unto backside of paper.
3) Cut out paper in letter shape.
4) Brush aa thin coating of white liquid glue to the front of the letter, (modge podge, Elmer's paper and fabric glue is my fav. for this project).
5) Position paper on letter and apply pressure, especially to the edges.
6) If you like, add a little dimension to edges by rubbing with stamping ink.
7) Check all edges and secure with a little glue if needed!
8) You can modge podge over the top, or leave as is. I like to leave it as is. Sometimes I struggle with modge podge bubbling.
9) Just imagine a little rose and seam binding added to the corner of a letter....sweet!

There will be more pictures of my shop next week. Here's a little sneak peek!

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.
My week has already been wonderful as my oldest son surprised me and came home. Lots of hugging going on around here:)