Decorating with Pumpkins

I really like pumpkins. They just look happy to me and each one is different. What other vegetable gets the pleasure of decorating our lives for three whole months? That's the great part about it. Pumpkins can be displayed all Fall, from Sept.through Nov.

A very large pumpkin sits on a chippy cement flower pot throne.


How did I put this planter together? First, I removed the spent summer plants from the planters. I also removed a little of the dirt, and added a grapevine wreath, (this gives the pumpkin a place to sit). I stuck in a few sprigs that I cut from my German Statice plant. German statice is a bushy plant that dries in perfect condition. You can buy a bunch at most craft supply stores.


Miniature pumpkins stuck into pots with blooming flowers add such great color.


Farmers markets and even grocery stores carry gourds in many shapes and sizes. I picked up a few miniature gourds and pumpkins and placed them in my favorite black tiered centerpiece.


Happy Pumpkin hunting to you all, and hope you too will share some of your pumpkin decor!